Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Comfort is not an Option

Most people have a difficult time staying in one place for a long time. Especially, when it comes to ministry. It is embedded into the mindset of most to look for the bigger and better opportunity. We want comfort as our option in life. Our way, our time, our place. There is nothing wrong with that to some degree, but I think we miss much of what God wants to do in and through us where we are. Human beings long for comfort and ease and spend most of our lives trying to obtain what we figure as the ultimate place, job, or career. I find it is almost impossible for me to grow when I am comfortable. Comfort is not an option for me much of the time.  I have to be in a place of stretching...out of my comfort zone...in order to grow and become the person God wants me to be. When you think about it...most of our effective ministry takes place out of those dark, gloomy times of life, when we are praying, longing, and waiting for change. We then gain experience on how to trust God in the tough times and are able to speak into someone else's life, or encourage them to hang in there a while longer. I certainly cannot speak for everybody, but that is how God works in my life. When I'm comfortable, I'm not dependent on Him as much. I should be, but I am not as sensitive as when life is troubled. But God in His goodness, helps me and uses me anyway. So, don't despise the times of stretching in those uncomfortable places. He will be faithful to you and use you to touch someone else. Facing Forward, Stan

No comments: