Saturday, March 17, 2012

I Still Believe!

I have a difficult time watching the news these days. Everything you hear on there is all negative and mostly violent in nature. And if you are not discouraged before you watch it, you probably will be after the first 5 minutes.

It's very easy to look at the world's surroundings, and become disillusioned. But I am still full of faith in my Lord and Savior after all these years. If you read the Bible you will discover that the happenings of the world are not news to the Lord. He already new it would be this way, and warned His people that it would get worse before it got better.

How can I say that about maintaining my faith in God? Because He has proved himself to me these last 43 years. He has been faithful to His word and has never left me. I have never been out of His care. Oh, now don't get me wrong...there have been many times when I have felt quite the opposite, but I am determined not to be ruled by my feelings, because they change minute to minute, it seems. But The Lord never changes. He is always the same. You can trust Him with your life.

I am always drawn to 2 Timothy 2:13 that says this..."if we believe not, yet He abides faithful, He cannot deny Himself."

I must rest in the fact that God will do what He said He would do. Another verse, Hebrews 10:23..."Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering, for He is faithful that promised.". If you are full of doubt and fear, hold on...keep believing...God will not fail you!

No comments: