Monday, March 12, 2018

Unique and Magnificent

I am in awe of His creation.  God has made each one of us in such a unique, magnificent way.  Psalm 139 reminds that we were fearfully and wonderfully made.  

For many years, I have worked with children who were no less magnificent, but had been delt a tuff blow by the placement situation that faced them.  For the most part I can tell you, that children are resilient.  They have the ability to adapt and take a bad situation and somehow find a way through it.  

I have seen many of them move on in life, grow up, and have families now of their own.  Unique and magnificent...that is what they are.  

If I can do just one thing to help them have a better outcome, I want to do it.  I want to advocate for them, encourage people to step outside of themselves and do something about their situations, and share with churches a reminder that it is our responsibility to do something. 

James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

We are made in His image and our mission should be to love.  God help us do just that!

No comments: