Sunday, April 27, 2014

Do Not Settle!

We are living in a day and age where people are literally dying to be loved by someone. Men, women, boys and girls all over the world desperately want to know that someone genuinely cares. Some are even taking their lives because they feel hopeless and all alone. What I see and hear, more than I care too, is that many people are settling for just about anything instead of a relationship of genuine love and devotion. That worries me to the extent that if you are acting so desperately and are willing to take anyone, regardless...then you will certainly teach your children and grandchildren the same thing. You are worth far more than all the grief you are settling for. What I am trying to say is that you are valuable. Do not settle for just a warm body! You see, you are God's creation and He calls you His child. Why should a child of God settle for less than the best of a relationship? I believe that we all will stand before the Lord one day and give an account of how we loved the ones He put in our lives. I am going to give an account to God of how I cared for my wife and family as I am charged with that and made a vow before God to do so. And to be honest, if you have to beg someone to love you, then that is not love. Who wants to feel like a bother to someone all the time! Run the other way! You should never have to ask someone to love you. You should never have to continuously beg them to pay attention to your needs and to what is going on in your life. If its real love, then you will have to work through some things along the way, but they should be in your corner and not working against you. You were worth a high price paid by your Savior, Jesus. So start seeing yourself through God's eyes of love and require more out of relationships. Psalm 139:14 reminds us..."I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,I know that full well." If God thinks you are of great worth, then you should feel that way too. After all, relationships are difficult enough without joining yourself to someone who doesn't really care about you! Facing Forward, Stan

No comments: