Monday, September 30, 2013

Child-Like Faith

It's is close to 10 a.m., and I have been sitting with a cup of coffee, thinking about Jesus, and listening to the sounds of Barney that my 2 year old is watching.

"You mean you don't have a place of quiet devotion this morning while drinking your coffee?" No, not this morning. My wife had to run some errands so I have the kids with me. You may be wondering how I can touch Jesus while in the midst of "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family"(the Barney Song). It's quite simple. Being in the presence of my kids reminds me daily that there is a Creator that loves me.

As I watch little Karsyn today, she is up in my lap with not a care in the world, taking it easy. She has complete confidence that her daddy will provide her anything she needs today. She is not fretting, but resting in my arms.

That reminds me of what my relationship should be with my heavenly father.

First, it is a reminder that I need to be with Jesus. That doesn't mean that I have to be in a quiet time all day. But I must keep Him in the forefront of my mind all day. Matthew 6:33 says that we must seek first God's kingdom and all these things will be added to us. (my paraphrase).

Secondly, it reminds me that I have to let go of the things that are worrying me...you know those things in my life that I do not have control over at this point...and trust my heavenly father to handle them. 1 Peter 5:7 says "Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you."(NIV)

I have observed this kind of child-like faith in all my kids when it comes to me and their mother. And now, we are witnessing our 3 oldest serving Jesus the same way day by day.

You see, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." (NIV)

It's child-like faith we must have. Turn your attention towards your Heavenly Father.  Crawl up into His arms and be with Him today.  And trust Him to take care of you.

No comments: