Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our Anniversary!

Today, 15 years ago, December 28, 1996...God answered a prayer for me that I had been constant with since I was a young boy...that He would bless with a godly wife.

I remember the moments before the wedding, all the jitters, guests congratulating me, and picture after picture being taken. But the most precious memory I recall was the sweet presence of God that graced us that day. Not only was He in the sanctuary with us, but He was beaming all over the face of my bride-to-be.

You see, I prayed for many things over the years concerning my future wife...that she would be loving, that she would be affectionate towards me, and that she would be a comfort and companion to me.

Believe me, Ketrah is always kind and considerate of me. Always putting me ahead of herself regardless of how she feels. I receive more love and affection than I deserve, and she has been a constant in my life.

...But most importantly I asked the Lord that she would be someone who was in love with Him. That single attribute showed through so mightily on our special day, and every day since then!

She demonstrates to me daily the love of God. Caring for others, loving the unlovable, and setting an excellent example of what a godly wife and mother should be. She is a crown to my head.

To look into her eyes on our wedding day, and feel the same presence of God that she was feeling, and to know that we were going to serve Him together as a family from that point forward...that has been priceless to me. We have endeavored every day since, to be a light in a dark place.

To say that life has been easy these past 15 years, well...I cannot say that! But I can say that it has been worth it.

So to Ketrah Joy Holley...I say that you are God's best for me! You are the answer to a long-time prayer just at the right time. I was so afraid that I would never find anyone to spend my life with...and there you were. I am so proud of you and I am honored that you chose me to be your partner in life. Know this day that I love you, honor you, and choose again and again to finish out my days on earth with you by my side.

Happy Anniversary!

Thank You Lord for Your hand on our lives...

Stan

No comments: